Rothco's Army Physical Training Shorts were designed after the new APFU (Army Physical Fitness Uniform) optional wear regulations. The Army PT Shorts feature enhanced performance fabrics that are both moisture wicking and breathable, designed with the athlete in mind.
The outer shell is constructed of 100% polyester for durability and side panels featuring a Poly/Spandex blend for added stretch and movement. For added comfort Rothco's Physical Training Shorts are equipped with a drawstring and elastic waist for an ideal fit and boxer style inner liner. The PT shorts also feature a hidden waist pocket near the left leg. Rothco also carries the matching Army PT Shirt.
- Designed after the new APFU (Army Physical Fitness Uniform) optional wear regulations
- Outer shell is constructed of 100% polyester for durability and side panels featuring a Poly/Spandex blend for added stretch and movement
- For Added Comfort Rothco's Athletic Shorts Are Equipped With A Drawstring and Elastic Waist for an Ideal Fit
- Boxer Style Inner Liner
- The PT Shorts Also Features a Hidden Waist Pocket Near The Left Leg
- Pair the Shorts with the Matching Army PT Shirts
On the whole, the Rothco Army PT shorts are better than the previous generation of Army PT shorts. I found, however, that the Spandex boxer insert was too loose to be of any real use and functioned more as a second pair of shorts. Additionally, the ID card pocket is loose and I was constantly worried that my ID would fall out.
Again, the new PT shorts are much better than their predecessors, they just have a couple of minor design issues which could be addressed.