The Scorpion 2 by Snugpak ® is a two-person base camp and expedition tent, when a semi- permanent camp is required. The Scorpion design is a 'Fly-first' pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather, and can be pitched in difficult and remote areas. A tried and tested favorite of Mountaineers, Climbers and Campers, the Scorpion 2 has an impressive floor space, creating ample room for two people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement also incorporates an ample front porch for storing equipment. In an emergency the Scorpion 2 can accommodate six people sitting.
A spacious two-person tent, the Scorpion 2 will shelter you from the worst four-season weather, with an impressive 5000mm Hydrostatic Head PU Coated Fly sheet, with taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, to keep out the bugs in summer months and warmer climates. For expeditions and base camping, the Scorpion design is the perfect green, allowing you to fly-pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas, using an opposing pole system to form a spacious base- tent that keeps condensation build up to a minimum with multiple ventilation channels.
When ventures and expeditions last more than a few days, and with more people joining you, or if a semi- permanent camp is required, the Scorpion 3 has ten internal pockets for safe storage of everyday items, allowing equipment to be at hand at the end of a long day, or over-night when creature comforts can be unpacked. The design also incorporates a hanging loop for lights and accessories once you have settled for the night.
Hydrostatic Head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter's material's coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL) referred to as a PU Coating. It is this coating that gives Snugpak® Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties
Shelter Weight 3.80 lbs
Trail Weight 4.93 lbs
Pack Weight 5.83 lbs
Packsize 17"L X 7.5"D
- 2 person tent
- Flysheet: Lightweight 210t Polyester RipStop PU with a 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating
- Inner Tent: Constructed of 190t Nylon with a 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh
- DAC Featherlite NSL anodized poles with pressfit connectors
- - All DAC Poles are made from TH72M aluminum
- 1 Door / 3 Vents
- All seams are taped sealed
- Alloy Y Stakes (14 + 2 Spare Stakes)
- Comes with a Basic Repair Kit - repairs can be made on the move (Due to international shipping regulations, we are unable to include the glue in the repair kit. To complete the kit, you will need to buy a small tube of Vinyl Repair Glue.)
Excellent Tent. Easy and fast to set up and take down. Excellent quality. Plenty of room for yourself and your gear. 100% Satisfied. Thanks Mad City. Semper Fi !