The Scorpion 3 by Snugpak is a new and exciting addition for Snugpak. The first thing people will notice about the Scorpion 3 is its stylish and sleek design. This design helps the Scorpion 3 to fend off those fierce winds that kick up from time to time and still is built and designed for long term hard use. With it's 5000mm PU Coated Fly it can handle large amounts of rain keeping you and your gear dry, as it should be. The Scorpion 3 has one door and three vents as well as all types of extras like internal mesh pockets, No-See-Um-Mesh, all seams are seam taped and much much more. The Scorpion 3 is a Fly First pitch type tent.
The Scorpion 3 is stalwart three-person base camp and expedition tent, when a semi- permanent camp is required. The Scorpion design is a ‚˜Fly-first‚„ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather, and can be pitched in difficult and remote areas. A tried and tested favourite of Mountaineers, Climbers and Campers, the Scorpion 3 has an impressive floor space, measuring 2.25m long and 1.75m wide, as well as 1.1m of head space, creating ample room for three people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement also incorporates an ample front porch for storing equipment. In anemergencythe Scorpion 3 can accommodate six people sitting.
Shelter Weight 5.00 lbs
Trail Weight 6.44 lbs
Pack Weight 7.47 lbs
Packsize 17"L X 8.25"D
- Flysheet is a lightweight 210t Polyester RipStop with 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating F/R
- Inner Tent constructed of 190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh F/R
- Ground sheet constructed of 190t Nylon with 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating F/R
- 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net
- DAC Featherlite NSL anodized poles with pressfit connectors - All DAC Poles are made from TH72M aluminum
- Interior Mesh Pockets (10 Total - 5 on each side)
- 1 Doors / 3 Vents
- All seams are taped sealed
- Alloy Y Stakes (18 + 2 Spare Stakes)
- Available in Olive Outer/Black Inner
- Comes with a Repair Kit - repairs can be made on the move (Due to international shipping regulations, we are unable to include the glue in the repair kit. To complete the kit, you will need to buy a small tube of Vinyl Repair Glue.)
I would like to share that the customer service provided was amazing, especially after reading a bunch of reviews that almost made me cancel my order in fear that the company was a scam. So not true. I trust mad city outdoor and so should you. I’ll write a review elsewhere to help others in need of making a decision.
As for the tent, great quality that seems likely to last last your entire life if treated with respect. I plan on handing this tent down to my kids when the time comes.
I have to say though that this is not a 3 man tent and barley a 2 man tent.
This is a one man tent that will give you all the space you’ll need to keep all your things inside and If you have a medium sized dog , he or she can fit in there with you np.
I received this tent 21 days ago and have texted it in the field on a 2 night 3 day outing and it held up amazing. No rain just sun.
Hope you all find this info helpful.
To be fair, you could fit your partner in here and leave your packs in the vestibule.
Tent arrived just as expected. Easy to set up. Putting it back in it's original stuff sack is a bit of a struggle. Quality looks good especially for the price. Too soon to give a long term update, but there are several good ones online elsewhere.
As a fly first tent this has to be one of the best.