The hybrid-fuel WhisperLite Universal stove delivers the ease and simmering capabilities of canister fuel, and switches easily over to liquid fuels for longer trips, cold-weather, and international use. Our patent-pending AirControl technology is what really makes it unique, delivering outstanding performance with all compatible fuels. It’s also the lightest stove in its class, offering excellent stability and easy maintenance, adding to the reasons this could be the only stove you’ll ever need.
- Hybrid-Fuel Performance: Patent pending AirControl technology creates the optimal fuel/air mix for top-notch performance with canister fuel, white gas, kerosene and unleaded gasoline.
- Canister Liquid Feed: Delivers better cold weather and low-fuel performance with a more consistent output over the life of each canister. Canister stand Included.
- Lightweight: Aluminum mixer tube, extra-stable stainless steel legs and refined design keep weight to a minimum.
- Easy Transitions: Liquid and canister fuel couplers pair with fuel-specific jets for quick and easy transitions.
- Field Maintainable: Self-cleaning Shaker Jet technology and redesigned leg assembly facilitate fast cleaning and even easier maintenance in the field.
- Includes: Fuel pump, windscreen, heat reflector, small-parts kit, instructions, and stuff sack. (Fuel bottle not included)
- SKU: 06630
- Color: None
- Width (Standard): 4 in
- Weight (Standard): 11.2 oz
- Length (Standard): 4 in
- Height (Standard): 6 in
- Minimum Weight (Standard): 11.2 oz
- Minimum Weight (Metric): 0.32 kg
- Packaged Weight (Standard): 14.9 oz
- Packaged Weight (Metric): 0.42 kg
- Burn time (white gas) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel: Appx. 110 minutes
- Burn time (kerosene) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel: Appx. 155 minutes
- Burn time (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g / 8-oz. canister: Appx. 75 minutes
- Boil time (white gas), 1 liter: 3.5 minutes
- Boil time (kerosene), 1 liter: 4.4 minutes
- Boil time (MSR IsoPro), 1 liter: 3.75 minutes
- Water boiled (white gas) per 100 ml of fuel: 4.4 liters
- Water boiled (white gas) per 1 oz. of fuel: 1.3 liters
- Water boiled (kerosene) per 100 ml of fuel: 5.3 liters
- Water boiled (kerosene) per 1 oz. of fuel: 1.6 liters
- Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g canister: 15 liters
- Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 1 oz. of fuel: 1.8 liters
- Country of Origin: Made in Seattle, USA
Need for winter start thru hike
Runs off gas diesel butane propane kerosene isobutane.
MSR WhisperLite Universal Fuel Stove - carry it in my daypack with small canister for emergency use on day hikes, with liquid fuel for backpacking!
most versatile stove available
Need both fuels for a bike tour.
One of the only liquid fuel/canister fuel stoves on the market, and some of the places I travel it is required to be able to have multiple options. Now I won't have to carry two stoves.
Upcoming backpacking trip
Boy Scout Backpacking trip - wanted a dual fuel option