Featuring quick and easy access to critical snow safety gear and more than enough room for the gear you need on technical ascents and multi-day hut trips, the Kamber 42 is ideal for both snowboarders and skiers alike. Safety matters most in the backcountry, so we developed a large J-zip access panel on the front of the pack with multiple, glove-friendly zipper pulls so you can get to your probe and shovel without wasting critical seconds. On long ascents deploy the stowable helmet carry when appropriate to stay cool, and if you get thirsty there’s an internal hydration sleeve and an insulated harness sleeve to keep your bite valve handy and ice-free. The Kamber 42 accommodates nearly every ski and snowboard carry option including; vertical, A-frame, diagonal and horizontal/vertical snowboard carry with smartly reinforced contact points to protect from sharp edges. Other winter specific features like a scratch-free fleece-lined goggle pocket round out one of the most capable, durable, and functional technical backcountry snow packs we have ever made. Technical ascents demand ice axes or tools, and two tool loops with bungee attachment provide secure attachment when they aren’t in use. Under the dual-compartment and removable top-lid you’ll find a rope compression strap for glacier travel and sharp ridgelines. Even when loaded with up to 40lbs the LightWire suspension, padded hipbelt and contoured shoulder straps provide a comfortable carry even when breaking trail toward distant peaks. When you set your pack down to transition or for a snack, zippered backpanel access keeps the snow out of your gear and provides easy access to gear no matter where you stuffed it in this dual-access top loading machine.
A quick-access extended J-zipper with an extra-large opening provides access to avalanche safety gear secured inside the pack. An easy-to-find third zipper pull allows rapid access if a helmet, skis or snowboard are being carried on the pack. The large pockets accommodate large shovel blades and the dual center sleeves secure extra-long probes and shovel handles.
Dual-position, deployable helmet net quickly and securely stows helmets for a comfortable ascent. The helmet carry can be deployed to the front panel or top of the pack as to not block the preferred ski- or snowboard-carry options.
- Glove Friendly - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- Panel Load Access - Extra-large front panel j-zip access to avalanche safety pocket with shovel handle and probe sleeves
- Horizontal Backpanel Snowboard Carry - A reinforced hipbelt wing provides quick horizontal carry across the backpanel of the backpack
- Hipbelt Pockets - Dual, articulated zippered hipbelt pockets for one hand use provide quick access to essentials
- Backpanel Access - Dual zippered access to dry storage and hydration compartment
- Rope Compression - An under-lid adjustable rope compression strap provides stable and easily accessible rope carry
- FlapJacket Skirt Cover - The FlapJacket skirt cover is easily deployable and keeps pack contents contained even when the top pocket is removed
- Dual Main Compartment Access - Dual top load and backpanel access to the main compartment offer multiple options for access to the pack’s contents
- A-frame Ski Carry - Lower reinforced ski carry loops and upper side carry straps provide secure and comfortable A-frame ski carry
- Top Lid - Dual compartment top lid features a goggle pocket and ample extra storage
- Tuckaway Ice Tool Loops - Dual tool loops provide secure attachment on technical ascents and also tuckaway when not in use
- Side Compression - Dual upper and lower side compression help keep the pack load stable and compressed
- LOAD RANGE 25 - 40 lbs.
|S/M||2441 IN3 / 40 L||25H X 12W X 12D IN.||4.01 LBS.|
|M/L||2563 IN3 / 42 L||27H X 12W X 12D IN.||4.12 LBS.|
- 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- 420D Nylon Mini Check Dobby
- 420HD Nylon Packcloth
We offer a wide variety of gear from Osprey including the Osprey Kamber 42 Snowboarding Backpack. In addition to Osprey gear, we offer products from Tru-Spec, Rothco, Condor, Tasmanian Tiger, Snugpak and dozens more. Make sure you remind Santa to put some camoflauge pants under the Christmas tree. In addition to our camo pants we offer tactical pants, BDUs and other pant styles.