Designed by guides and athletes, the Mutant 38 fits perfectly between its bigger and smaller siblings; great for long days in the mountains that don't require setting up basecamp but might require a ledge-bound shiver-bivy. The backpanel sheds snow and easy-to-use ice tool attachment and glove-friendly buckles mean less time fiddling with your pack. With a hipbelt that includes gear loops and stashes behind the pack to provide access to your harness when you need it, plus integrated helmet and rope carry, the Mutant 38 is a nimble and capable alpine machine that fits better and feels more comfortable than what you’re used to. Whether you're enjoying a North Cascade's classic or getting showered by spindrift in the Canadian Rockies, the Mutant 38 can do everything you need except belay you on the next pitch.
Built to be lightweight and reliable with alpine-specific features such as dual ToolLocks with bungee tie-offs, helmet carry (52L and 38L only), strippable features, rope carry and a narrow profile for efficiency in the mountains.
Removable top lid (for 52L and 38L only), removable suspension (framesheet on 22L, framesheet and/or dual stays on 38L/52L), and a removable hipbelt on 52L allow the user to trim weight.
Osprey's superior fit makes for efficient and ultimately safer movement in the mountains so that you're never thinking about your pack during runout cruxes through rotten rock or thin ice.
- Snowshed fabric backpanel
- Dual ToolLocks with bungee tie-offs
- Front panel daisy chain for additional gear attachment
- Three-point haul system
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Glove-friendly buckles
- Rope attachment and internal compression
- Removable top lid with integraged FlapJacket for lidless use
- Top or front of pack helmet carry
- Reinforced A-frame ski carry
- Quick release upper side compression straps
- Lower side compression straps
- Dual hipbelt gear loops and ice gear carry attachment
- Reverse-wrap hipbelt
- LOAD RANGE 10 - 40 lbs.
|S/M||2197 IN3 / 36 L||26.8H X 12.6W X 11.8D IN.||2.7 LBS.|
|M/L||2319 IN3 / 38 L||28.7H X 12.6W X 11.8D IN.||2.8 LBS.|
- 210D High Tenacity Nylon
- 210D Nylon Honey Comb Contrast Thread
- 420HD Nylon Packcloth