The Snugpak® Ionosphere™ is an extremely small, compact one-person tent. With a two-pole, easy to pitch design, the tent forms a hooped shelter that keeps condensation build-up to a minimum. The inner tent is made of a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net to not only keep out bugs, snakes, etc. but it can also be used without the fly as a stand-alone mosquito shelter/barrier in the summer months and warmer climates.
The Ionosphere™ will shelter you from all but the worst inclement weather, with a 5000mm hydrostatic head (HH) polyurethane (PU) coated fly sheet, with taped seams. The Ionosphere™ has an impressive floor space, measuring 240cm/94” long and 90cm/35” wide, creating ample room for a single person with some equipment. In an emergency, the Ionosphere™ can accommodate two people.
The low profile Ionosphere™ tent packs down small with a light trail weight of 1200g / 42oz. Using tried and tested lightweight DAC® aluminum poles, it does not take up valuable space in your pack. The Ionosphere™ is ideal to use when light weight and small pack size are essential.
A tried and tested favorite of Hill and Moorland Leaders, Mountain Leaders and Military Personnel where more robust protection from the weather elements is required.
- A Spacious One Person Modular Tent
- Very low profile
- All seams are taped sealed
- 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net
- Includes: 16 Alloy Y Stakes and Repair Kit
- Ultra-Compact 1 Person Tent
- Flysheet: Lightweight 210t Polyester RipStop PU with a 5000mm Waterproof PU Coating
- Inner Tent: Constructed of 190t Nylon with a 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh
- DAC Featherlite NSL anodized poles with pressfit connectors - All DAC Poles are made from TH72M aluminum
- 1 Door
- All seams are taped sealed
- Alloy Y Stakes (14 + 2 Spare Stakes)
- Dimensions: 104"½ x 35"½ x 28"½ / 265 x 90 x 70cm
- Trail Weight 2.65lb / 1.2kg (Fly, Poles & Inner Tent)
- Pack Weight 3.35lb / 1.52kg (Fly, Poles, Inner Tent, Stakes, Guy Ropes & Stuff Sack)
- Available in Olive and Coyote
- Comes with a Basic Repair Kit - repairs can be made on the move (Due to international shipping regulations, we are unable to include the glue in the repair kit. To complete the kit, you will need to buy a small tube of Vinyl Repair Glue.)
A Spacious One Person Modular Tent by Snugpak
The term "tent" is a stretch for this shelter system. It is larger than you would expect, however. I read countless reviews on this "tent" before purchasing it because of its small size. At 6'4'' and average build I needed to make sure I would fit comfortably. I needed something compact set up and packed for quick solo trips or when backpacking long distance. It is not the lightest system out there. Although for its durability to weight ratio it is light. It breaths better than expected with the fly on. On a recent trip, despite the warmth, humidity, and dense fog, I stayed cool and dry. I fit comfortably inside with room for a 38L Fjallraven Kaipak, boot, and other small gear with some room to spare. You can't sit up inside but I was able to prop myself up and read without feeling confined. I could even change clothes inside the "tent" with little issue. I would highly recommend this system for those looking for a place to sleep rather than outdoor living space.
I recommend putting a tarp over the spacious door to keep out any precipitation. Otherwise it will easily get inside the "tent". Also be aware there is no ground sheet with this tent. Easily remedied in a variety of ways. There are a ton of places needed to guy out this system. A place with minimal rocks, roots, and sand is required here. It is not free standing. Not a problem for most woodland areas.
Like any system, there is a time and place to use it. As well as a learning curve to fit your preferences. I highly recommend this system and would without hesitation purchase it again if I ever need to. Mad City Outdoors took excellent care of me and my purchase.
Rate Mad City 5 star for excellant service/help low price on tent. Have not used tent yet other then indoor set up. Tent is excellant size bivy tent. Well constructed with quality material and ample tie down points. Totally satisfied with tent.
Put it to the test almost immediately. Set it up a couple days after I got it and it shrugged off 3-4" of rain and then 4" of snow. Stayed dry inside the whole time over the course of 4days. First picture is after 4" of rain.
I have not tried the tent yet
I won't lie, I was incredibly nervous ordering after I read some of the reviews for the company. But, my experience with Mad City Outdoor was excellent! My item shipped within the window they gave me before checking out. The product arrived quickly and is perfect! I'm so happy with my snugpack ionosphere and can't wait to try it out in the field this month!