The Scorpion 3 by Snugpak is a new and exciting addition for Snugpak. The first thing people will notice about the Scorpion 3 is its stylish and sleek design. This design helps the Scorpion 3 to fend off those fierce winds that kick up from time to time and still is built and designed for long term hard use. With it's 5000mm PU Coated Fly it can handle large amounts of rain keeping you and your gear dry, as it should be. The Scorpion 3 has one door and three vents as well as all types of extras like internal mesh pockets, No-See-Um-Mesh, all seams are seam taped and much much more. The Scorpion 3 is a Fly First pitch type tent.
The Scorpion 3 is stalwart three-person base camp and expedition tent, when a semi- permanent camp is required. The Scorpion design is a ‚˜Fly-first‚„ pitch tent that allows quick and easy set-up using an opposing pole design, protecting you all year round from severe weather, and can be pitched in difficult and remote areas. A tried and tested favourite of Mountaineers, Climbers and Campers, the Scorpion 3 has an impressive floor space, measuring 2.25m long and 1.75m wide, as well as 1.1m of head space, creating ample room for three people in a top-toe sleeping arrangement also incorporates an ample front porch for storing equipment. In anemergencythe Scorpion 3 can accommodate six people sitting.
Shelter Weight 5.00 lbs
Trail Weight 6.44 lbs
Pack Weight 7.47 lbs
Packsize 17"L X 8.25"D
- Flysheet is a lightweight 210t Polyester RipStop with 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating F/R
- Inner Tent constructed of 190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh F/R
- Ground sheet constructed of 190t Nylon with 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating F/R
- 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net
- DAC Featherlite NSL anodized poles with pressfit connectors - All DAC Poles are made from TH72M aluminum
- Interior Mesh Pockets (10 Total - 5 on each side)
- 1 Doors / 3 Vents
- All seams are taped sealed
- Alloy Y Stakes (18 + 2 Spare Stakes)
- Available in Olive Outer/Black Inner
- Comes with a Repair Kit - repairs can be made on the move (Due to international shipping regulations, we are unable to include the glue in the repair kit. To complete the kit, you will need to buy a small tube of Vinyl Repair Glue.)
Tent arrived just as expected. Easy to set up. Putting it back in it's original stuff sack is a bit of a struggle. Quality looks good especially for the price. Too soon to give a long term update, but there are several good ones online elsewhere.
As a fly first tent this has to be one of the best.