The Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System, or Gen-III ECWCS is a protective cold weather clothing system created originally by the United States Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center. This system consisted of a parka and trousers plus 20 other individual clothing, headwear and footwear items which are used in various combinations to meet the cold weather environmental requirements of the US military. Our baselayer level garments are based off these designs to give our garments the same quality and utility as the base layers of this system. The Level-2 garments provide light insulation in mild cold and an additional layer of protection in frigid conditions. The grid fleece pattern on the inside is designed for maximum breath-ability and improved moisture wicking properties.
- Highly breathable, moisture wicking 6.6oz. TRU-SPEC Performance Plus 93% polyester / 7% Spandex plaited grid jersey knit
- Stretches for easy movement
- Zips up to make a turtleneck
- Thumb holes in sleeves for adding multiple layers
- Microban For anti-microbial and odor defense
- Grid fleece aids in breathability and moisture wicking properties
- Flat locked construction
- Quick drying
- Extended Cold Weather System
Everything I read in the description was accurate. Warm without the feel wearing something heavy. Comfortable and not irritating. The only downside is the rectangular zipper guard - seems a little too large. I'll probably trim mine down a bit.