The Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System or Gen-III ECWCS is a protective cold weather clothing system created originally by the United States Army Natick Soldier Research, Development, and Engineering Center. This system consisted of a parka and trousers plus 20 other individual clothing, headwear, and footwear items which are used in various combinations to meet the cold weather environmental requirements of the US military. Our baselayer level garments are based on these designs to give our garments the same quality and utility as the base layers of this system. The Level-3 garments provide heavy insulation in cold and an additional layer of protection in frigid conditions. The Polartec® Thermal Pro fabric is 30 times more durable than regular fleece. Meets or exceeds military specification GL/PD-06-03. The perfect heavyweight layer on those frigid days.
- Center one-way zip closure
- Cover hood on zipper for comfort
- Loop fasteners for attaching name/rank tape
- Nylon reinforcements
- Dual interior upper chest pockets
- Stretch grid fleece side panels for improved mobility
- Dual exterior handwarmer pockets