The U.S. Navy SEAL Guide to Nutrition was originally developed for Navy SEAL trainees to help them meet the rigorous demands of the Naval Special Warfare (NSW) community. This comprehensive guide covers all the basics of physical well-being as well as advice for the specific challenges encountered in extreme conditions and mission-related activities. With a special emphasis on nutrition and healthy eating, everyone will benefit from these tried and true methods of guiding your body to peak physical condition. Compiled by physicians and physiologists chosen for their intimate knowledge of the NSW and SEAL community, Topics covered include:
8" X 11"
- •The relationship between energy expenditure and energy intake
- •Body size and body mass index
- •Energy-providing macro/micronutrients
- •When and how much to drink
- •Healthy snacking
- •Nutritional considerations for endurance activities and strength training
- •Food for the field
8" X 11"